วันที่ 14 - 16 กุมภาพันธ์ 2563 ที่ทำการอุทยานแห่งชาติ ดอยอินทนนท์
Ultra Trail Thailand
– initiated from government policy in order to promote sports tourism in the country. Aiming for higher standard, runners from all over the world shall have opportunity to absorb valuable natural resources via trail running.
Ultra Trail Thailand course will be based around the highest mountain of Thailand, Doi Inthanon, also known as the roof of Thailand. The route showcases the local biodiversity and the forest changes with the gradual climb elevation from 400 to 2100 meters above sea level. The journey will take runners to experience the peaceful Hmong, and Pga-Gan-Yaw, Karenic tribe ways of life, the awe-inspiring views of terrace paddy field, where the entire area is brightened by golden ears of rice, as well as the picturesque montane farms.
The start and finish line is at Doi Inthanon National Park HeadQuarters (GPS 18.536585, 98.521445), Chom Thong District, Chiang Mai Province. Doi Inthanon is one of the most popular national parks in Thailand, famous for its waterfalls, trails, remote villages, sunrise/sunset watching, birdwatching and the all year round cold weather on higher elevations.
Ultra Trail Thailand was initiated from the government policy, deployed by Ministry of Tourism and Sports, through Sports Authority of Thailand. Organized during 14-16 February 2020, this event considered a test or Zero Edition, for UTMBI the “by UTMB” licensor, auditing its processes. The aim is to pass the evaluation and be “THAILAND BY UTMB®”, a UTMB® family member.
Ultra Trail Thailand has 5 distance categories :
- The Inthanon 6 : around 175 km for about 7,800 metres of height gain, and in 48 hours max.
- The Inthanon 5 : around 119 km for about 5,400 metres of height gain, and in 33 hours max.
- The Inthanon 4 : around 81 km for about 4,100 metres of height gain, and in 22 hours max.
- The Inthanon 3 : around 61 km for about 2,900 metres of height gain, and in 16 hours max.
- The Inthanon 1 : around 24 km for about 1,000 metres of height gain, and in 7 hours max.